Saturday, June 26, 2010

A,B,C,D...E!

I feel a little bit like this little one... There's a blank page in front of me... What should I put on it?


I've been a writer for as long as I can remember, but it was always just for me. Somehow, now there's a shyness that I've not known before. I must remind myself of the advice that I give my students, "Just get something down on the page. Worry about it later."

I love the story the painting of this little girl tells. I love the seriousness she has for her "work." I love her posture with that straight back and head tilted just right. I love that her hair was probably fixed perfectly earlier in that day but that she been too busy with life to worry about how it looks now. I love the intent focus in her expression. I wonder... What's she going to write? Will she practice the letters she'll need to know for kindergarten? Will she draw a picture that will hang on the refrigerator? Will she scribble? No, she won't scribble.

This sweet little painting was chosen to be in several different Etsy treasuries (collection of art pieces and vintage items).  Four Eyes celebrates something that so many of us have to deal with... glasses!  Happiness Is celebrates the color blue, and School Memories celebrates children reading and school days. Finally have a look at a Christmas treasury called Making My List


"A,B,C,D...E!" can be purchased in a variety of forms.
10 x 10 print
12 x 12 giclee
It can be made in any size giclee or print.  Just let me know if you'd like me to make another size available.





No comments:

Post a Comment