Saturday, June 26, 2010

A,B,C,D...E!

I feel a little bit like this little one... There's a blank page in front of me... What should I put on it?


I've been a writer for as long as I can remember, but it was always just for me. Somehow, now there's a shyness that I've not known before. I must remind myself of the advice that I give my students, "Just get something down on the page. Worry about it later."

I love the story the painting of this little girl tells. I love the seriousness she has for her "work." I love her posture with that straight back and head tilted just right. I love that her hair was probably fixed perfectly earlier in that day but that she been too busy with life to worry about how it looks now. I love the intent focus in her expression. I wonder... What's she going to write? Will she practice the letters she'll need to know for kindergarten? Will she draw a picture that will hang on the refrigerator? Will she scribble? No, she won't scribble.

"A,B,C,D...E!" can be purchased in a variety of forms.
It can be made in any size giclee or print.  Let me know if you're interested.

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
[GIFT]




No comments:

Post a Comment