Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Basket of Peaches

Does this image remind you of something?

Does it make your mouth water for the taste of peach?
Does it remind you of when you got to pick fruit with your grandpa?
Does it cause you to want to stop by the farmers' market?
Does it remind you of another painting you once saw?

I hope so... That's my goal... I want my paintings to provoke an idea, a thought, an emotion, a reaction...

My dad and I picked these peaches from two little trees beside his house in Tontitown, Arkansas.... pick, wash, peel, slice, eat!


I've got to give credit for my inspiration here.  "Basket of Peaches" done by Joseph Decker in 1885 is my favorite painting in Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.  Mine may be worth about a million dollars less than his, but I love it just as much!



And, I better give a little credit to the peach trees and the farmer who takes care of them. (Thanks, Dad!)

[SOLD}


1 comment:

  1. Yours is very nice and I love the memory with you and your grandfather! and I am quite taken with Joseph Decker. I googled him. I love his squirrel paintings. Thanks for introducing him to me.

    ReplyDelete