Sunday, September 24, 2017

Blowing Bubbles


If you've read even a few of my blog posts, you know that I love to paint stories; I love the story this painting tells. 
I'll begin with the main character.  Meet Judah. Judah is happy and independent and wants to do whatever the big kids are doing. He belongs to my beautiful niece Bev. 
She is the artist behind Inspired Traditions. (You must go visit her shop in late fall when she has all of her items listed.)   Bev and I have kind of a deal; I paint one of her kiddos, and she gives me one of her latest projects.  I think it's a win for both of us. 
You can see the paintings of those brothers and sister here:

Next... the setting.  Judah is sitting in front of one of the cabins at Lake Ouachita.  My family has stayed in those cabins every summer since his mama was a very little girl.
So many memories... so much family fun has happened on the sidewalks in front of those cabins over the years.

And finally the plot... the bubbles. Judah found the bubbles in his Lake Bag of goodies. (Every G4, Generation 4, cousin gets one.)   


Once he sat down and began to blow bubbles, I knew this would become his painting. 













 Original Oil Painting on 12"x 16" Wrapped Canvas.
[GIFT]

2 comments:

  1. First off, what a cutie, how did you pick a pose from so many possible. Maybe another to come? So there can be entertainment with out buttons and electronic devices? He came out very well, but he did come out older but I can't figure out why. Your body proportions are great. As you say such wonderful memories. Really well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Well, there were even more photos than I've posted and not a single one was just right!! So, I used a body from one, a head from another, and a hand holding the wand from another!
      And... big sigh... I don't know know why he looks three instead of two either. I reworked nearly every feature (head bigger, chin shorter, nose rounder, cheeks softer, hair... that hair may be the key between baby and toddler that I couldn't get) until I finally had to call it finished. It's adorable. It tells a wonderful story.

      Delete