Thursday, June 11, 2020

Green Pastures & Still Waters


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:

He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
                                                                           Psalm 23: 1-3 

For me, this is an image that fills the senses.  
I can see the mountains, 
     hear the rustle of leaves, 
          feel the breeze, 
               taste the water, 
                    smell the fresh air.
I find it to be tranquil and soothing; I hope you do too.


Thanks to Robert Woods for making How-to-paint books over 30 years ago that are still great references today.


Painted in response to Inspiration Collaboration's June Inspiration Image Beyond The Stream by Sara Harley.


Palette Knife Painting on 12"x 16" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD] 

2 comments:

  1. I love this, and I needed to hear that verse today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad. Between the verse and the image, my hope is that they will cause others to take a deep breath and feel peace.

      Delete