Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Strawberries in a Bowl (Mini Version)

Each semester, my painting partner, Julie, and I teach a beginning oil painting class for the senior citizen branch of the University of Arkansas. This happy little still life is what we'll be working on this spring... That is, we'll be working on this if we're able to meet. (Please, COVID, just go away! Please unvaccinated people, just change your minds and roll up your sleeves!)

If we're going to teach it to beginners, we need to have a tried-and-true plan that's as simple as possible.  And, I want to feel completely at ease with each step of the process.  That means practice doing the whole painting and also making examples of of each phase of the painting.
The class will take place in two 2-hour sessions.
Here's a little half-minute video of the process we'll be guiding them through. 

I did this little one for my art exchange group where artists from different countries and states take part.  Every quarter we're given a theme then paired up to exchange a postcard-sized piece of art and letter. It was a good excuse to practice painting this one more time.  This mini version of Strawberries in a Bowl is for to my paired partner Hanne in Denmark.

Original Oil Painting on 5"x 7" Canvas Board
[GIFT - ART EXCHANGE]

6 comments:

  1. thought I would try to see if it lets me comment yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!!! You're back! I love to hear from you here!

      Delete
  2. Hey google is letting me comment again, so glad!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little bowl of strawberries will be something that appeals to everyone, I think, and should work well for beginners. I hope you get to meet together soon.

    ReplyDelete