Saturday, September 21, 2024

Squirrel!

My challenge was to paint an "Amazing Autumn" picture. The intent was probably to paint a lovely yellow landscape, but I was having the hardest time getting inspired to do that. Then I saw this little squirrel just having a morning rest on a branch. I thought how amazing it is that they know to collect enough during the autumn months to get them through winter. So, I painted this little guy sitting on his hoard of acorns.

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas.
Click Squirrel! if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

4 comments:

  1. Our squirrels are busy around here, chasing each other, trying to get the seed from the bird feeder. We have plenty of acorns, so I'm sure that's in the mix as well. You captured the squirrel well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing squirrel painting - very real and nicely colorful!

    ReplyDelete