This is a special one... or four...
I embroidered this scene when I was probably 12-13 years old.
Then, it sat folded in my cedar chest for 50 years... half a century.
A while ago I decided to take everything out of my cedar chest and just see what all was in there. What a fun afternoon of memories that was!
One of the items was this little piece of embroidered fabric. It was about 99% finished, so I'm guessing I ran out of yarn in the kit it came from. (I doubt you can even tell the three tiny places where the yarn is new.)
For some reason I just really wanted to finish it and then honor it in some way. I could turn it into a pillow, frame it... (Or, I could text a blog-friend and ask for ideas... that's you Wendy!)
I decided to simply recreate it... as an oil painting.
That was nice. I was pleased that I'd honored a childhood work or art with a new work of art.
For some reason, however, I couldn't be satisfied that I was finished with this project.
Why not a watercolor?
Nice... a tryptich.
I really don't know why, but I didn't share a post about it. Did I just not feel like it was complete?
Then my "Weekly-ish Challenge" partner and I drew these cards:
😉
Perfect!!!!!!!
I'd TRAVEL back in time to a lovely place in the country.
I'd use a RAINBOW of colors to bring the scene to life.
And DO IT AGAIN.. and RECREATE IT IN A DIFFERENT WAY was exactly what I'd do.
Original Embroidered Scene on 11"x 14 Fabric Panel
Original Oil Painting on 11"x 14" Wrapped Canvas
Original Watercolor Painting on 12"x 16 Art Paper
Original Collage on 12"x 16" Art Paper
Here is where I always either write [SOLD] or put the link if you'd like to purchase the painting. This is the problem... I'm just not sure I want to divide this set up. I kind of like having them all four together for now.
Here's the link to My Etsy Shop. There might be something else there you'd like!


No comments:
Post a Comment