Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lemon Slice

What does Christmas smell like?

I think it's a citrus-y, cinnamon-y, clove-y smell.  
This is a great little gift.  It's pretty to look at until you're ready to make the whole house smell like Christmas. Just dump it in a pot and let it simmer.   The ingredients I used are:
Lemon
Lime
Tangerine
Orange
Grapefruit
Cranberries
Whole Cloves
Cinnamon Sticks
Cinnamon Oil
Water


A while back I was on a roll of painting citrus fruit.  It began with a challenge from the Rookie Painter site.   Sometimes painting makes me really "see" ordinary things for the first time.  I guess I never realized that lemons have a certain number of little sections.  Hmm... 
Becoming more observant is one the things I've enjoyed most about becoming a painter.


"Lemon Slice" is the little painting I submitted to the Rookie Painter challenge.  


It was featured in an Etsy treasury (collection of art pieces and vintage items) celebrating "Real and Imaginary."  I'm not sure whether the curator  selected it because it looked like a realistic piece of fruit (for the real) or because it looked like a gigantic piece of fruit coming over the world's horizon (for the imaginary)!!!  Either way, it's an honor to be a part of the collection.  Click to enjoy it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment