Saturday, December 25, 2010

Monkeys

What's more fun than a barrel of monkeys?


Is there even an answer to that question?  And, are they really that much fun anyway?


I never saw myself as a painter of monkeys, but I guess you just never know.  I learned a lot painting these three little guys.  For one thing, all the lessons and strategies that I'd worked to perfect with human anatomy just plain don't work with monkeys!  Fingers, ears, noses, lips... You know how at the zoo, you say, "Wow, they're so human-like..."  Well, no, they aren't!  Oh...ha ha ha... It was a fun task to undertake.


Remember that little plastic barrel that had the monkeys in it?  I'm searching back in my childhood memories... Was it a game?  Was it really supposed to be fun to try to pick them up?  Hmmm.... I'd like to give it another try.


Have a look at this Etsy site I found called Common Object Jewelry.  The artist has taken all sorts of everyday items and turned them into sterling silver jewelry - macaroni, goldfish crackers, gummy bears, and yes... a barrel of monkeys monkey!  How fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment