Saturday, April 2, 2011

Barn by the Pond

What gives an old barn such personality?


What a perfect setting! A charming old barn beside a little pond with mountains in the background... I can just imagine the days when there were calves in the barnyard, hay in the loft, ducks in the pond, and a mule or two in the stables.

On the way home from a spring hike through the Ozark Mountains near the Buffalo River, we stopped many times to take photos of great farm scenes. Maybe we'll return. I'd like to see this scene in summer and in the fall.


This painting was fortunate to be featured in a couple of Etsy treasuries (collection of art pieces and vintage items) called Spring in the Barnyard or  Home on the Range.  Click and enjoy a celebration of farm life.

[SOLD]
Original Oil Painting on 10"x 20" Wrapped Canvas

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how I passed this barn painting up but I love it and you did such an amazing job with it. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete