Saturday, January 11, 2014

Good Mornin' Glory!


How do you decide what to paint?

I get asked that question a lot. Well, if someone commissions me to paint something, that's one way.  If my little painting group is painting something, I do that with them.  When I come across an image that I absolutely love, I put a picture of it in a folder called "Possibilities" on my computer.  Sometimes, I go to that folder and shop around for something I still love.  

So, why did I do this one?  ...because I needed a break from the stress of painting humans. ...because green and purple are my favorite colors ... because it's odd and different.

I wanted to experiment with the loose type of painting that I see artists using... thick blotchy paint... smears of color scraped on with a palette knife... 
...yeah... so that didn't work out for me, did it...

Click Good Mornin' Glory! if you'd like to purchase this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment