Sunday, February 26, 2017

Red Barn & Red Tulips

A happy old red barn...
I guess I love painting barns because I have barn memories... barn stories.
This is the 18th barn I've painted.  Really? Yep! I counted.  And 13 of those were red. 

This was the last painting of our weekend of painting at Welcome Home Retreat. You'd think this one would have come easily for me, but it was definitely the one that frustrated me the most.  I couldn't get the tree right... couldn't get the shading right... couldn't get the road... couldn't get the colors right... 
In the end, I kind of when rogue and quietly did what felt comfortable... put red paint on the barn, painted grass over the road, ignored the tree, added some tulips for balance, then smiled and signed it.  

What a wonderful, wonderful weekend!  What a perfect way to celebrate 10 years of painting!   
I love that we'll be doing it again in June. Cheri tells me that next time we'll be painting a long horn cow on a big canvas, a landscape on a medium canvas, and a rose on a small canvas. Can't wait!

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas.

[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. Love your barn painting. Happy 10 year paint-aversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I like that.. "paint-aversary"!!

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha! I found you and can comment on your blog posts.
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad! I look forward to hearing from you.
      H

      Delete