Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Someday

I've got peace like a river...
I've got peace like a river...
I've got peace like a river...
in my soul.

Guess what...
This is my 400th painting.
I can not believe it!

Although I love the very first painting I did back in 2007, I do think I've improved as an artist over these 11 years and 400 paintings... ha ha... just a little bit! 

This painting began with a tutorial by Kevin on using the palette knife.  It also started out as a disaster.  I carefully foll
owed instructions and ended up with a sky that looked like a tornado was about to drop down at any minute.  There was a definite tone of anger and a foreboding mood. Usually, I would have worked with it, but this time... I wiped all the paint right off, set my mind set on the tone and mood I wanted, and used my artistic license (which comes in handy). I also gave myself permission to use brushes as well the palette knife.  In the end I hope I created a feeling of peace instead.

I'm so glad this one ended up being #400.  
Peacefulness is a good representation of life right now.


     Someday…

     The other day… Hmmm… last Wednesday, I think…
     I was on my knees planting onions in the garden. 
    A light mist was in the air, but it didn’t matter.
    All was silent
        … except for the birds... and squirrels
        … and the tinkle of the wind chime...

     I looked around…

     I saw five colorful little chickens 
         pecking around under the dogwood on my right…
     I saw the cat in the flowerbed filled with daffodils on my left…
     I saw the dog lying under the little red bench in front of me…

     …And was taken aback by this thought.
             ...It’s Someday…

     Someday I’ll have time.
     Someday I’ll have a lush garden.
     Someday I’ll have chickens in the yard.
     Someday I’ll have a row of daffodils and irises.
     Someday I’ll make my own schedule.
     Someday I’ll make time to notice the sky.
     Someday I’ll learn which birds make which sounds.
     Someday I’ll relax.

     I literally sat back, looked around, and thought,
        “Oh, my goodness… I’m living a poem..."

Oil Painting on 12" x 16" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

6 comments:

  1. This is a motivational post, enjoy your peace, it is invaluable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, we should enjoy the peaceful times and remember to be grateful for them.

      Delete
  2. The painting of 2007 looks good....... does get the feeling of flowing water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely paintings, and really enjoyed your verse. Glad your someday has come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara. We have to enjoy those somedays when we have them, don't we.

      Delete