Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Indonesian Sunset

Recently I had a pretty amazing opportunity.  (I hesitate to call it a once-in-a-lifetime experience because that implies I won't ever get to do it again.)

On the first day in Indonesia, I got to teach an art lesson to a group of children... 2 hours surrounded by 60 kids ages 5-13 none of whom spoke a word of English... I painted a sunset, then they each created one of their own.
      It... 
          was... 
                wonderful...
                    ... like a dream I never even thought to dream.

On the last day in Indonesia, I got to enjoy an evening surrounded by new friends... Walking with feet in the waves... picking up shells and bits of coral... then sitting down to a food-filled a table in the sand watching sun set over the ocean... 
     It...
          was.....
               wonderful...
                      ... like a dream I never even thought to dream.

** Thanks to a precious interpreter who 
made the art experience work seamlessly.

** Thanks to my friend Olga who was the 
perfect model for the painting I knew I'd do.

Original Oil Painting on 18"x 24" Wrapped Canvas
Click "Indonesian Sunset" to purchase this painting.

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful painting and an incredible experience. Thank you for sharing, sweet friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darla! Yes, it was an incredible experience indeed.

      Delete
  2. The painting is beautiful, so also your inspiring experience, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to paint a few more from my time there.

      Delete
  3. A beautiful painting to convey a beautiful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again. Wanted to thank you personally but can't access your email from here. So really, thank you so very much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, and yeah, I think Blogger has made a change recently making it hard to communicate directly.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful sunset. Adding the figure was perfect! I went through your blog....so many wonderful paintings!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful scene in real life! I had my friend walk back and forth while I took a dozen or more photos to get the just-right one to use.

      Delete