Saturday, June 23, 2018

Stargazer Lily II

If you read yesterday's post, you know that my art friend Nelvia put me up to a Facebook challenge that I truly dreaded doing. I had some sort of irrational fear of showing my art to people who know me. And, if you read it, you know that it turned out to be the best thing ever.  One reason was getting to reconnect and paint with a friend from college.

But wait!!  There's more!!!




Mixed in with all the sweet comments from friends, came a comment on each of the seven days from Lynn. The comments turned into conversations. Lynn had been my high school Sunday school teacher!  Between moves and name changes and 36 years, we'd completely lost touch but reconnected through Nelvia's challenge!
We discovered that we'd both spent the years as teachers and both happened to live in the same area now. As it turns out, Lynn's always been artistic and longed for an opportunity to learn to paint.

Who knew what wonderful things would come from that little Facebook challenge. 
And... yes... there are few other good things yet to add to this challenge story!!

Original Oil Painting on 6"x 6"x 2.5" Canvas.
[SOLD]

6 comments:

  1. Wow, it was just meant to be, wasn’t it. This is just the best news, I am so happy for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was just fun to open Facebook each day and see what I'd find.

      Delete
  2. The world is small enough to reconnect, renew, but the hearts must be big for that to happen, Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Helen....a beautiful painting of this lily... Gorgeous colors! As far as the story!! What a small world.!!!!! I have a friend who found me on Facebook after 40 years She found me because she remembered my maiden name.!!! We try to get together at least once a month.... I couldn't do the challenge because I don't paint fast...lol. Your "apple slices" came out amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilda. I know how Facebook has plenty of negatives, but it surely has made the world smaller and helped us connect, reconnect, and stay connected.
      As for the challenge... I'm not fast either!!! Goodness, I just chose my favorite 7 paintings that I'd done over the years!

      Delete