Friday, November 9, 2018

Pink Tulips on Gray (Palette Knife)

Here's my third try, my third YouTube lesson on this series of painting tulips with a palette knife. 

It seems like I ought be feeling more confident.  
Nope... Each stroke gives me a tiny anxiety attack.  

One of the things that I love about oil painting is that it's so forgiving; if you mess up with a misplaced brushstroke or color choice, you can just blend it, scrape it off, or paint over it. That doesn't seem to be the case with palette knife painting.  If you lay a slice of paint down in the wrong place, you just figure out how to make it look like a leaf that you wanted there.

The process was different.  
It was fun.  
I liked the final products.  
I'm going to enjoy seeing them hang on my own wall for a while.



Original oil painting on 10"x 10" wrapped canvas.
Click "Pink Tulips on Gray (Palette Knife)" if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment