Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Red Tulips on Purple (Palette Knife)


There's a lesson on YouTube for just about anything you might want to learn.  This palette knife lesson was so easy to follow.  And there are three, so we'll see if I get better on the next two.

I love the textures of a palette knife painting.  It just begs to be touched... only I can't... yet... It has so much paint in places, and gobs of oil paint take soooooo long to be completely dry.

The thing that mesmerizes me about a palette knife painting is that if you look at any small square inch, it's just a mess, but when you take in the whole image, it has its own beauty.
I remember something that my art teacher said. "The eye sees what's there, but the mind takes over and fills in the gaps."

Oil painting on 10"x 10" wrapped canvas
[SOLD]

2 comments:

  1. I really like the texture you have created in the your tulip paintings. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheri! It was a fun technique to play with. :)

      Delete