Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Springtime in My Kitchen

My kitchen is filled with springtime!  
There are some dreamy things to love about springtime.  
Flowers on the island just say happy, Happy, HAPPY! 
And, the smell.... mmmmm.... 
Those hyacinths! 
Trays of little seedlings cover the table.
And, there are more in flower pots on the floor!
Yeah... I totally planted more than I could ever need.
But, I love watching them grow!
The counter top has a place for the day's eggs.
Beautiful weather makes my six little hens happy!
What fun it is to share their eggs!
I know planting a seed tray should be an outside job, but it was freezing on Sunday.  We built maybe the last fire of the year in the fireplace, and I was ready to play with some dirt.   
You can imagine my little dog's disappointment.  She stands right below me when I cook, chop, slice, pour, stir.  This had all the look of cooking with not a single good treat falling to the floor.

4 comments:

  1. I am envious! It is still quite cold here and we are weeks and weeks away from the first flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Well, sometimes I'm a little envious when I see that you get to take a short drive and walk your dogs on those beautiful beaches, so I guess it all works out. :)

      Delete
  2. LOL on your poor little dog! It almost looks like some kind of chocolate crumbs base for a pie you've got going there... and those flowers ahhh! Are they all from your garden? If so I am so jealous. Things are moving along nicely here, but no daffs yet, though it shouldn't be long if the type of lovely day we had today continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! It does look like chocolate... but it's just good rich potting soil. The daffodils in the front are from my flower bed. I just love bulb plants that return every year. It's funny how flowers have a color season. Here March is "yellow & purple" season. It seems like the flowers that are budding in April are the pink and purple ones. June will provide the orange ones.

      Delete