Sunday, January 17, 2021

Cool as a Cucumber

How do you like your cucumbers? In a salad? Peeled and sliced? Pickled? Or, on someone's plate besides your own?  I don't eat them (from the grocery store) from about August to May.  But, in June & July... Summer garden cucumbers every single day!
I train my cucumber vines to grow up inside tomato cages.
The deer leave them alone pretty well if I keep them tucked inside the cages.

I love how the kitchen counter looks on summer days.
There is a limit to how many fresh cucumbers you want eat in a day.  
 HERE  is my favorite pickle recipe for the extras.

So why this summer painting and post in January?
This week's art challenge word was "cool."   After thinking through a list of ideas of things that are cool, I decided, "Cool as a Cucumber" would be a fun little painting.

Original Oil Painting on 5"x 7" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. Rub the inside of a bowl really well with a clove of garlic, slice cukes (thin), slice an onion, and some tomatoes. Toss with a little mayo, a dab of sugar, and a favorite herb. Let it sit. Enjoy. Going off of memory, hope I didn't forget anything - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm... interesting! Rubbing the inside of a bowl with garlic is different. I'll try this one in June!

      Delete
  2. Ah, summer :) seems a long way away... A t least it is bright and sunny here today...but a tad too cool for growing anything. Your cukes look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like a long way away. Funny how delicious they are at the beginning of the season. Then by the end, it's like... "Great... more cucumbers... I wonder if the neighbors would like to have these?"

      Delete