Saturday, February 25, 2023

Summer Landscape with Blue Flowers (Senior Citizen Painting Class)

What a treat to guide these wonderful senior citizens through an oil painting!
This was our 6th time to teach OLLI students.  Click HERE to see the others.
Everyone of them did such a good job with their landscapes!
Yes, it's a lot of work to get prepared for teaching an OLLI class, but it's all worth it when the students come in.  My teaching partner Julie and I couldn't have been prouder!

Favorite moment... One of the participants thought I looked familiar and we discovered why. I had her daughter in my 4th grade class about 30 years ago!!  Of course I remembered her!  She texted her daughter who texted back some specific happy memories she had from that year with me. Oh, happy sigh...

Oil painting on 11"x 14" Wrapped Canvas
Click Summer Landscape with Blue Flowers if you'd like to purchase my example painting.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all have fun and enjoy the classes and the visiting while you paint. Nice work, all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The students did a great job, Helen, and your example painting beautiful! Thanks for including the link for a chance to purchase the one you painted, but I don't decorate with blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! I don't decorate with blue either. I think I'm one of the only people in the world whose least favorite color is blue! I love color and we need all of them, but when I get to choose... I never seem to choose blue.

      Delete