Thursday, March 2, 2023

I Like Thursday 3/23

Thank you to Leeanne of Not Afraid of Color for reminding me to notice things I like. 

I like my art space. 
I love everything in there.
I love spending time there.
Click for a 30 second tour.

I like the rug I got for my art room.
I like writing in a journal.
I like my new refrigerator so much! 
I've never had a such a fun and fancy one before!
I like the daffodils in my yard. 
They're the first to announce that spring is arriving soon!

LeeAnne gave several other prompts to think about. 
Here are a few quick answers to them:

Tell us about something you collect... or used to collect now are tired of. I feel like I'm getting to the age when I want to collect and accumulate less stuff. Collections... let's see... I suppose journals.  I started writing in a journal in 3rd grade and never stopped.  I have quite a collection. I wrote about them in these posts. Journals Pt 1 and  Journals Pt 2 and  Journals Pt 3 and Journals Pt 4.

How do you feel about the Panetone color of the year magenta?  I love magenta!  Put a little aqua or turquoise next to it, and I like it even better.

What thoughtful things does your special person do for you? I have a very thoughtful guy.  Special things? Yes... always. But, how about practical things! He does all the laundry! There's plenty more, but that's a pretty good one right there!

What do you like about your creative/sewing space ? Do you have a dedicated space that is yours alone? What works in there for you? How do you feel when you're there?  
I love my art space... my Atelier. There's a section for everything crafty and artsy that I love doing. My oil painting area, my sewing machine, my Cricut, a television, sitting area, tables for painter friends, storage for my (too much / too many / need to use up) materials, paints, fabrics, and supplies.

What would you like to have in a dream studio space? Think about layout, cabinetry, tools... Have you ever seen a studio space you wished you had?    About a year and a half ago, we made my art space into that dream studio space.  We repainted, put new lighting, and installed new flooring.  If it was a dream studio, then I suppose it would have a bathroom and kitchenette... but then I might never come out... Perhaps best to keep it as it is.

14 comments:

  1. I loved the tour, it looks like your happy place indeed. Loving that rug! Is your new fridge a Samsung? We have had Samsung fridges for years and have fun looking at the new ones every time we go to Best Buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am. It's is a happy place. The rug was the final touch!
      And, yes, Samsung. Love it!!!

      Delete
  2. I love your space, and love that I've been IN your space! That new rug is perfect. New appliances are such fun, aren't they? I need to get back to ILT posts - I'm behind on writing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you have been IN my art room! Such a serendipity moment!

      Delete
  3. Your studio is beautiful - so neat and tidy! Isn't it great to have a place to hang your paintings on the wall? That refrigerator looks pretty neat, too. It's always exciting to get a new appliance! Love your daffodils - my favorite flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love it. You do know, however, that it's never quite as neat and tidy as it is in that little video! Ha ha!

      Delete
  4. What I wouldn’t give for a carpet less floor in my space. Pins get lost, my chair mat cracks, could be vacuumed every day! Lovely light and great wall space. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! I had carpet for a long time. I just got my new floors a little over a year ago. love, Love, LOVE the change.
      The wall space... well, I do the best I can. It's in the garret, so from about 3 feet up it's sloped with the roof line. It's fine. I just hang my paintings low! :)

      Delete
  5. That art-room rug is so cool! I like writing in a journal, too. Look at those daffodils - how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Well, it stormed hard last night. Once the sun comes up, we'll see how the daffodils fared.

      Delete
  6. Awe your space is so open and lovely. Work stations dedicated to that task, good lighting? yea! Like Judy I'd like no carpet in the studio
    That fridge is awesome! what's the middle drawer for?
    I'm a cow collector so I noticed your painting right away. Love
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to make it so that each workstation is usable. It works pretty well.
      The middle drawer could be turned cold for more freezer or left cool as refrigerator. I'm still learning where I want what. For now, I have things that I need to get to all the time. We'll see if I keep it that way.

      Delete
  7. Lovely list of likes this week, Helen. Congrats on getting a studio upgrade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to acknowledge "liked" things each month.

      Delete