Thursday, September 7, 2023

I Like Thursday 9/23

Thank you to Leeanne of Not Afraid of Color for reminding me to notice things I like. 

 I like finally, finally, finally getting to the
very end of an old tube of paint.

 I like how the watching how the daily garden
harvest changes throughout summer.


I like having chickens in the backyard. 
I think 12 is the right amount for us. 
(Don't count too closely or ask if there
are 3-4 more not shown!!)
I like this silly yellow cat.

I like this guy.
I like being a part of this great big family. 
We get together for four days at the end of each July.
I like seeing my art find its new home.
I like this sign I saw when I was in Pilates.
I like the blooms on the hostas
and all the bees and butterflies attracted to them. 
I like living in a place where wildlife wonders by.
I like watching seeing these chickens take a dust bath in a flower pot.
I like hearing this guy crow.
(His name is Pete.)
I like starting a new project...
and having help choosing the fabric.

10 comments:

  1. Good morning, Helen! Aww, your yellow cat is sweet and I can see, too, very helpful! That picture of you and DH is sweet also, and I just LOVE that you had matching shirts on. The group picture of your family just warms my heart - I have a big family, too, but we don't all get together often. The chickens make me smile - the dirt bath is too funny. Happy Thursday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it that cats are determined to lay right in the middle of anything you might be working on! It does make me laugh though. As far as the matching shirts... We give blood on a regular basis, and every time we do, we get another set of matching tee shirts. So, we are twin-sies pretty often!

      Delete
  2. I like this post, very much! I think you should play with your palette knife and make a painting of your garden colors (that second photo with the gradation of colors is so cool). I like that Pete is looking very handsome, and of course, that cute yellow cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos do show such a definite color pattern. June is mostly yellow, July is mostly red, August is mostly green. Oh, Pete... Yeah, he really is handsome. And, he's mostly behaving these days.

      Delete
  3. Love this post and all the things and feels. Especially your kitty and chickies. :) Is that a Sonic menu next to that guy you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha!!! Yeah... We're pretty much regulars at the Sonic! They really do have the best cokes!

      Delete
  4. Look at your amazing garden harvest! Wow! The chickens look like fun, too, roaming around your yard. That is a fun sign! May we all remember to keep playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year's garden harvest has been amazing. We took down a huge tree last fall, and wow... What a difference more sun made! Yeah... having chickens hanging around does make us smile.

      Delete
  5. I like how grateful you are for so many wonderful things in your life, Helen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that I always remember to be grateful for the little things as well as the big things.

      Delete