Monday, December 11, 2023

Whooooo's Got Pretty Orange Eyes?

I haven't painted much lately.
I've had the I-can't-think-of-anything-to paint syndrome.
Is that like "writer's block" only for brush and canvas instead of pen and paper?
My Creative Companions project is finished.
We're taking a little break from our Weekly-ish Art Challenge.
The on-line LifeBook 2023 painting class is over.
So... I was on my own to decide what to paint next. How about going back to the beginning?

These are the first six paintings I ever did.  
The first four were from the 6-week beginning painting class.  
1st 2/07 - Trees in summer
2nd 2/07 - Same trees done in autumn colors
3th 2/07 - Value study in black and white
4th 3/07 - Seeing the color in black and white
5th 3/07 - My choice... An owl from my backyard
6th 3/07 - Same owl, second attempt

How about another owl!  

It's always such a treat to spy an owl in the trees around our place.  We hear them often but rarely catch a glimpse of one.  When we do see one, he's staring  glaring down with such an attitude of disdain and superiority.  I just love him anyway. Ours rarely give permission for their photographs to be taken, but every once in a while, I get lucky.



While I don't know this particular orange-eyed owl in the painting personally, I do like his spicy attitude.

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas.
Click Orange Eyed Owl if you'd like to purchase this painting.

6 comments:

  1. They do look rather stern don't they! You brought his eyes to life in your painting. Love seeing your earlier paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think owls are fascinating... although I don't know one kind from another. I am glad I have kept a photo record of each of my paintings. It's fun to flip back through the months and years... see what "phase" I was going through!

      Delete
  2. A couple of nights ago, something flashed past our patio windows. I wonder if it was an owl. They are stealth quiet, amazing birds! Love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh! Let's just assume it was an owl... a great big horned owl on the prowl! And, thanks, dearie!

      Delete
  3. I have Barred Owls here too and getting a glimpse or a photo always gives me a real thrill. I have a thing about owls. Your painting is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And, I think they look at us and almost demand that we have a thing about them, don't you think!

      Delete