Thursday, December 21, 2023

Hey, Hey, Hay! VI


Hey, Little Cow! Aren't you a cutie!

I've painted a lot of cows.  No, really... a LOT of cows.  I counted. I've done 30+ paintings with cows. Take a few seconds, click HERE, and scroll through. Yeah... lots. The other day I realized it had been a while since I've painted one.  Nearly 4 years! 

This particular little "Black Baldy" heifer has been on my canvas several times.  I was glad to bring her back one more time... or maybe two... or three...

I've recently taken a liking to translating a paintings into different mediums. So...
Watercolor still scares the bejeezus out of me. Mine never turn out like I imagine they're supposed to, but I'm getting better.
Quilted Fabric Collage is exciting and new to me.  I'm not sure they have a purpose... a fancy potholder I suppose. I do love using the little scraps and threads to bring out the image.

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 8" Wrapped Canvas
Click Hey, Hey, Hay! if you'd like to purchase this little cow painting
.

4 comments:

  1. They are all darling, and she has such a sweet little face - I love them all. Your fabric collage is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's just such a fun process of putting little scraps of color together and coming out with an image. The stitches are what brings it alive.

      Delete
  2. So fun to see the variety! I like that first one with those big eyes and velvety nose :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, oil painting is definitely my comfort place. But what fun I'm having figuring out how to make the other ways work.

      Delete