You know what's missing from this picture?
There needs to be another little bowl with a little pile of sugar!
Lick... dip... bite... dip... bite... Mmmmmm...
If you love strawberries, enjoy a few extra for me.
I discovered about 10 years ago that I've become allergic to strawberries.
⏳
Let's pause here for a moment of sadness.....
It's really sad...
😞
So another moment of sadness...
⏳
This isn't the first time I've painted this bowl of strawberries. The first time was about 11 years ago. If you read THIS HAPPY POST, you'll see about the time I realized I was allergic... Maybe eating most of this huge pile of beautiful strawberries caused it!
The next time was just a few years ago with a group of seniors. You can tell FROM THIS POST when it was because everyone was wearing a mask. (How can that have been 3 years ago already!)
My friend Susan, a fellow life-long learner, has been wanting to give painting with oils a try, so we did the strawberry painting together. It was her second oil painting. I'd say "Success!"
Original Oil Painting on 7"x 9" Canvas Board
Hers, of course, is priceless.
However, mine will be available on Etsy. Click HERE if you'd like to purchase it.

The painting is lovely.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteHold the sugar - I'll eat your share 😍
ReplyDeleteYou're right. A good ripe strawberry really doesn't need any help to be perfect!
DeleteShe did well, her painting is lovely! I'm sorry that you are allergic. I'm not much of a fan of strawberries, but we did pick some up this year and they were quit tasty (but it might've been the whipped cream).
ReplyDeleteYeah, whipped cream can make everything better!
DeleteSusan did a really nice job! And she is pretty!
ReplyDeleteHow did your allergy manifest? That is funny about your husband never picking strawberries. Did you not live on your acreage at the time of the 2015 post? Because it sounded like you were longing for the farm life.
If I eat a strawberry, I'll have chapped lips. More strawberries, it gets worse until a rash develops. Until once it started to swell in my throat... scary.
DeleteIn 2015 we did live here, but it was a different stage. I was still working full time teaching school. I did have a garden, but it was much smaller. We didn't have chickens yet. We were fairly new to empty nest.