Friday, October 1, 2010

Feed the Ducks

Why is it that the simplest things in life often bring the greatest joy?

The thing I love most about this painting is the joy in the grandmother's (actually she's a "Memaw".) face.  I don't think it's the ducks that are making her laugh.  I think it's the simple happiness of sharing the moment with the little one beside her.


Enjoy an Etsy treasury (collection of related vintage items and art pieces) called Memories of My Grandmother. This painting also got to be included in another treasury celebrating picnics by the lake at Lake Side Picnic.



To purchase a giclee of this painting, click "Feed the Ducks."

3 comments:

  1. This painting made me smile! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely lovely composition, full of love and emotions.. fabulously done Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this painting, beautifully done! Thank you so much for including the link to my treasury!

    ReplyDelete