Saturday, February 4, 2012

Slice of Cantaloupe

How do you paint silver?

It seems that silver isn't any color.  It's just reflections of the colors around it.  How odd... I have a tube of  paint called silver, but I don't think I've ever given it a squeeze.  

I found a recipe for silver (white, burnt umber, & black) in an old painting book called Leon Franks on Techniques that's proven to be valuable several times.  It tickles me that the book clearly says on the cover that the price was $1.00, and in the back it requests 15 cents for shipping.  I couldn't find a copyright date anywhere, but it's nice that some things stand the test of time.  And by the way, I checked Amazon.  You can purchase this exact $1.00 book for about $20.00 + $5.00 shipping.

I'm thankful that I have books (and the internet) to help me figure out painting problems, but I miss my art teacher so much since she moved to a different state.  I need a new painting partner... (insert sad face here)

I painted this to submit to the art challenge site Paint and Draw Together.  I always enjoy seeing the varied styles of artists.

Enjoy an Etsy treasury (collection of related art pieces and vintage items) celebrating Cantaloupe and Cornflower Blue.  

[SOLD]

No comments:

Post a Comment