Friday, July 25, 2014

Yellow Bowl of Tomatoes (Dark Background)

Where does your eye go first?

I've read that where the darkest dark meets the lightest light is the first point of focus in a painting.  After that the eye should travel around the canvas then back to that place where the darkest dark meets the lightest light.  (I just kind of like saying that... the darkest dark meets the lightest light...)

If you first looked at the highlighted side of the bowl, then up to the big tomatoes, over to the leaves, around to the little tomatoes, and back to the place where (I'm going to say it one more time) the darkest dark meets the lightest light, then I think I succeeded.

This image was once a challenge piece for Paint and Draw Together.  There's so much that I love about it, that I've used it as a reference three times.







Click Bowl of Tomatoes to read my thoughts on the first one.
Click Yellow Bowl of Tomatoes to read my thoughts on the second one.


Click Yellow Bowl of Tomatoes (Dark Background) if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment