Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Oliver

Say hello to Oliver... Oliver T. Kitty.(The T. stands for The.)  Oliver lives with my son and daughter-in-law as well as with Copper and Chewy.

Living with these two happy, happy dogs can get a little much for this kitty, so he needed his own little private get away.  My daughter-in-law got creative with a piece of furniture and built him condo.  Only he can fit in the door she cut on the side. His food is in there, and no one else can get in to eat it.  She says sometimes he goes in and just hangs out.  The dogs can only look in the door and wish they could pester him. 
She cut another door leading to his bathroom.  He can go on into his litter box, and the dogs can't get into that either.   On the shelf above his living/dining space is his pantry where she stores his cat supplies.
This is what you'd see if you walked into their den.
This is what you'd see if you looked at the side of it.
This is what it looks like when she opens the doors.
I think it's genius!

9 comments:

  1. I agree sheer genius and but it makes him feel special and smug. All these grandkids turned out so well. Are you feeling retired yet? Our kids are back at n school and have been since the first of August, but maybe your schools haven't started yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am feeling SO very retired. I love that I can move along each day doing what I choose at the pace I choose. Yes, the schools have been in session for 2 weeks.

      Delete
  2. What a cute great idea, I am sure the cat loves the privacy bestowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Copper, too, now! She's a kitty, though. Copper Top actually. She's black on bottom and bronzy on the head and shoulders area. Ethan has begun calling her Penny, but I like Copper. That is a great idea for the bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though! I think people with the cat-in-the-house issue would love having this piece of furniture!

      Delete
  4. I truly love your site.. Excellent colors & theme.
    Did you create this site yourself? Please reply back as I'm trying to create my own personal site and want to
    find out where you got this from or just what the theme is named.
    Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete