Monday, December 4, 2017

Cock-A-Doodle-Doo

He's gorgeous and he knows it. You can just tell by his attitude!
But, I have to wonder... Doesn't he ever get tired of hauling all those tail feathers around!

Last month my sisters and I spent a crafting weekend at Welcome Home Retreat where they have some turkeys who walk around making sure all the guests are enjoying themselves.   

One morning while I was sitting outside, the two male turkeys were doing their best to show me how big and beautiful they were. (I know, kind of ironic for a turkey to be showing off in November of all months!) 

As they walked back and forth in front of me, I kept thinking what a lot of trouble dealing with all those puffed up feathers would be!

Fun fact...  If you laugh, the turkeys will gobble at you! 


While they paraded around, I took lots of photos thinking I'd paint one.. but alas... I decided a painting of a puffed up turkey would look like a brown blob with a head.

Instead of a brown blob painting called "Gobble, Gobble," I went with a fancy rooster painting called "Cock-A-Doodle-Do."


Original Oil Painting on 12"x 16 Wrapped Canvas

[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. Who knew you could speak "turkey", you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Not kidding... You just laugh, and they laugh right back at you.

      Delete
  2. I love this painting of the rooster... SO colorful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sure there was probably no purple in the real rooster's tail... but that's why we paint isn't it... to do things like add purple!

      Delete