Friday, December 15, 2017

Kayden - Gators

I listed the little decorative name canvases in my Etsy store as a custom order listing just to see what might happen. I didn't have an example for a boy and was kind of worried about what I'd manage to create if someone wanted one for a boy's room. Two days later I got my first request!  And... it was for a boy!  She said his name was Kaydon and he loved the Florida Gators.  She asked if I could do it bigger, in Gator colors, and maybe even add an alligator.
The hard part...?  
Anyone who knows what it's like to live in the South already knows. 
Since I'm a born-and-raised Arkansas Razorback, I wasn't sure I could dip my brushes into the Gator blue and orange. (Ha ha ha!!!)  😉 
I put my team loyalty to the side and think I created something Kayden will be pleased to hang on his wall.


Just for fun.. 

Within seconds of taking the plastic wrapping off the canvas, Pounce decided that right on top of it was the most comfortable place in the room.  

You can tell by her expression that she had no plans to be happy about being removed.





Acrylic Painting on 12"x 24" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

No comments:

Post a Comment