Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Christmas Tree Surprise (Mini x 6)

This was a fun little project.
Six tiny paintings for six special ladies.
I'm not saying anything new to say that 2020 has been difficult.  We know it's been especially difficult for some of our older friends who are practically home bound with Covid precautions.
I hope these happy little paintings brought a little Christmas cheer to some who we love... My Aunt Anita in Missouri... Ms. Hannah in the retirement center that my dad lives in... Ms. Francis who took care of my kids in the nursery when they were babies... Ms. Mary Ella who greeted us at the door every single Sunday morning for decades...
 
To give some size perspective, here they are beside a large version of this painting.

Original acrylic paintings on 5"x 7" Canvas Board
[GIFTS]
The 16"x 20" version is available. Click HERE if you're interested.

6 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to do. Lovely paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. As long as 2020 has been for us, it must be double for those in their 80s and 90s.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. I'm sure all the recipients will be touched at your thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just want those in their 80s and 90s who have been so quarantined, to know they haven't been forgotten.

      Delete
  3. This would be the perfect Christmas cards Helen. You are very thoughtful to give these out to people,who would appreciate them. 2020 has been very depressing so I hope 2021 will be brighter.. my daughter and her family had Covid and thank God they are young and able to feet through this... I also know a few people who unfortunately died from Covid so with the vaccine coming there is hope. Since my daughter is an RN she’ll probably receive the vaccine soon. So let’s all be careful !!!!
    Helen, I went back far to see your posts... so impressive and I need to visit more often... have a wonderful Holiday, my friend....to you and your family...❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And thank you to your daughter! We have the ultimate respect for our nurses and doctors!

      Delete