Friday, October 14, 2022

Life Book 2023 - Taster Session (31-42 )

I finished all 14 days of Life Book 2023 - Taster sessions!  
Although it was all on-line and no one would have known whether I did anything or not, I did the sessions of all 30 teachers and 12 of their bonus sessions.  
In how many of those 42 lessons did I feel comfortable or confident... 0!!
In how many did I thoroughly enjoy and learned from... 42!!

Click HERE if you missed the first 15 or HERE for the second 15.
Enjoy scrolling through #31-#42!.











I put each one into a page of a little purple art journal.  
It took every single page, and the book is very... very full!
I am so proud of this little book!
Now I wonder... How will I be changed as an artist moving forward... Hmmm...

8 comments:

  1. So interesting that you were never comfortable, but wow you did amazing work IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... my "thing" is oil on canvas and realism... I got to practice everything BUT those things. I am so glad I did.

      Delete
  2. What a variety of projects and ideas - I'm so glad you worked through all of them. Your little journal was a great idea, and will be a good resource!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Variety indeed! The new lessons were available each day at midnight... but midnight in England is 7:00 here... (So their tomorrow is our today... or... hmmm...) I'd be ready at my computer each evening to see what the next day would bring. Toward the end, I was wondering what in the world could possible be left!

      Delete
  3. I"m here as a friend of Wendy.... I also paint, write and quilt. I did the taster sessions with Tamara too so I recognize the work. How fun to meet someone else doing it! I'm LeeAnna at not afraid of color blog, and if you want to talk painting, I'd sure love another to critique with... my email is leeannaquilts at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that Wendy posted a link to your blog, Helen! It's been fun to see what you did with these Life Book Taster Session lessons. I still want to do the "lips first" portrait, but there were quilting tasks that took priority (with a quilt show and retreat shortly after.) Hoping to get back to finishing up the last few projects in my class journal soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really fun (and different) one. I loved it. I get it about creative priorities. I was determined to do the "whole" Taster Session, so everything else just got put aside. I'm getting caught up though!

      Delete