Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Butterfly on Daisies (In the Good Old Summertime)

I snapped this photo in my neighbor's yard.  I loved it so much that I recreated it... and recreated it... and recreated it... and recreated it...
Oil
Watercolor
Collage
Quilted Fabric
Original photo
Songs that have been running
through my mind this month.

This month's Creative Companion challenge was "In the Good Old Summertime." 

Original Oil Painting on 9"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
Original Watercolor Painting on 9"x 12" Watercolor Paper
Original Collage on 9"x 12 Art Paper
Original Quilted Fabric on 9"x 12 Panel

Oh, I suppose I'll eventually put this painting in my Etsy shop and sell it, but I think I'd like to enjoy the group of pieces together for a while.

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet composition in any medium, Helen! I just got finished reimagining some artwork this week, too. It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Reimagining some artwork" I do like the sound of that. I hope to see what you did!

      Delete
  2. Butterfly series 2023 - and are they ever pretty! How did you do those lacey daisies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you remember 100 years ago when people used paper doilies to put under things or to decorate a valentine box to look fancy? Well, I just happened to have a few of those in my "white" paper folder! When I spied those, I knew how I'd make my daisies. I just cut one up!

      Delete