Saturday, January 13, 2024

Crafty Month

I was feeling like I hadn't done much in the last month or so. But then I started actually looking at all the things that have come out of my little garret art room.
I made a bunch more Holland Pouch Bags. 
I never intended to sell them, but surprise surprise
friends wanted them to use as Christmas gifts and asked.
*Note the cat trying to be in the photo...
I haven't given up on watercolor / mixed media.
I'm getting better.
And... I made even more of those little bags. 
No, I don't have to even think any more.
I can just sew them on autopilot.
Any excuse to use the palette knife is a good day at the easel.
True my blue heron's neck should be longer and more graceful,
I just decided it was a baby whose neck hadn't grown yet.
So, of course, I made a few more.
Perfect little special gifts when I need one.
Making a quilted fabric collage from a painting has become my newest favorite thing.

Finally, after making nearly a hundred (that's not an exaggeration) of the other little Pouches, which I discovered on Wendy's blog a couple of years ago, she had a post about another kind of bag.  I think it's time to move on to a new bag. I got the pattern and gave it a try. This one's called a Japanese Rice Bag.

10 comments:

  1. Boy, you have definitely been busy! Your rice bag is very cute! Over 100 bags - wowza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! You know that rice bag picture? You know how you only see half the story on social media? Wellllllll.... See that pretty little orangy-yellow strip of fabric that goes around near the bottom? Yeah... it doesn't match up very well on the back side. I laughed and said, "My quilter friends would never settle for this." I settled. Ha ha ha

      Delete
    2. Your quilter friends not only accept it, but they do the same kind of things - lol! Your bag making ability is phenomenal, and the fabric collage is beautiful.

      Delete
    3. The fabric collage is kind of a tiny quilt. I don't know what their purpose is, but I like doing them.

      Delete
  2. Love that sunflower quilt and your rice bag, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Do I really think I can call it a "quilt" if it's not much bigger than a potholder? ha ha ha

      Delete
  3. oh my what a wonderful asst. LOVE the heron and it's texture
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That if you go to YouTube and search "blue heron palette knife," you'll be able to paint your own!

      Delete
  4. you are amazing! Your sunflower piece is called "Textile Art". There is an amazing variety of textile art online. I love it all. S from NS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Textile art... I like that. I don't have a new year's resolution. Perhaps "do more textile art" will become mine.

      Delete