Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Pond Reflections

A new painting group has formed for 2024. We've come together and discussed some guidelines for the year. Those guidelines are there to get us started, but we've already started to change them.  We don't all know each other or know each other's work well, so we're anxious to see what we become!
We don't even have a name yet!  We have lots of ideas though!  One will emerge.

Our first prompt was "Reflections."
I fretted for over a week without a good idea.
Finally I settled on one that was obvious and tangible, reflections on a pond. (This one was outside a cabin we stayed in at Big Cedar in Missouri.)
The more abstract reflection is done in thought.  For me, I think/reflect best when writing.

These are some of my diaries and journals.  That blue one on the right was my very first one.  It shows my very first entry. "January 1, 1973 - I watched the oreng bole parade and traist in my coloring Book." 
A diamonte poem is something I did with my 4th grade students.  It's when you take two seemingly unrelated things and find the commonalities.
  1. 1 Noun
  2. 2 Adjectives
  3. 3 Verbs
  4. 4-Word Phrase
  5. 3 Verbs
  6. 2 Adjectives
  7. 1 Noun
Original Oil Painting on 9"x 12" Wrapped Canvas
Click Pond Reflections if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment