Thursday, February 1, 2024

I Like Thursday 2/24

  Thank you to Leeanne of Not Afraid of Color for reminding me to notice things I like. 
I like seeing my pretty eggs all together.  
I get around 5, more or less, every day.

I like these two guys.
I like a good snow day.
It was gone by noon, but it was pretty for a few hours.
I like my favorite scene in every season. 
I live just around that bend.
I like the view from my kitchen window.
They watch me as I watch them.
I like a good soft that makes the outdoors quiet.


I like how the cardinals come out when it snows.
I like having hot water.
You forget to appreciate it until the below-zero temperatures 
freeze the pipe and you don't have it!
I like planning for the February show. 
Choose paintings, add hangars to the backs, make price tags... 
and about a hundred other tasks.
I like meeting my favorite JOY!
Of all the princesses and characters, she's the best.
I loved
Inside Out so much.


LeeAnne's  get-to-know-you writing topics this month:

What qualities do you look for/love in a friend?   I feel like I have many different kinds of friends. I don't know that I've tried to pinpoint specific qualities... Hmmm... I suppose I enjoy time with someone who is comfortable with who they are... doesn't seek attention on themselves... never looks down on others.

What do you look for in a mate?   We celebrate 39 years soon.

Would you prefer receiving a box of chocolates or flowers on Valentine’s Day? If chocolates/candy, what kind would you like to get? do you get them? During the years... decades that I was teaching, I would always get 3-4 of those heart-shaped boxes of chocolate where no two were filled with the same thing. I'd keep them in my closet and make them last long past spring break!  If flowers, what kind would you like to receive, does it matter that they are delivered by a floral business or brought in by your mate? What kind of flowers, colors, number of them would you love to see?   Flowers are always a lovely surprise.

Who was your first crush? (Real or fictional?) how old were you, how did you feel, were you a romantic? 

Who is your favorite TV or movie fictional couple? Why do you like them? if not a tv/movie fan, what about books? Oh, my goodness! I love a good romance novel or rom-com movie! My list would be long and varied. For right now, let's just go with Travis & Taylor! Isn't that who the whole world is watching?

What would be your favorite meal?  It can only be served perfectly in July or August when the garden is at its peak. Tomato-bacon-tomato sandwich... Let me be very specific... White bread, toasted, cut into quarters, thick tomato slices with salt, bacon cooked to just before crisp... scrambled egg, optional. On the side... Sliced cucumbers and/or Ruffles potato chips with French onion dip (Kraft made the best but stopped making it... boo!) The drink would be a Route 44 coke from Sonic.

12 comments:

  1. You have had more snow than us this winter, so I'm enjoying seeing your snow photos! That is a very specific favorite meal, and I think I would like it! Love the pic of your two guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get a good snow and some cold temperatures that lasted a good long while. But, the daffodils are beginning to rise up from the ground this week... Arkansas weather... nothing lasts long.

      Delete
  2. I love your favorites - the two guys sorting screws(?) is the best! Your view is just spectacular and how wonderful it is loved by you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! That's what they... ummm... at least one of them... were doing... sorting screws.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes!!! I heard they're having a sequel... I hope they don't mess it up!!!

      Delete
  4. Such pretty eggs. And pretty snow. We watch the deer, too ( and they watch back as well). So many paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deer do watch us back. It's as if they think if they stare hard and direct enough, we'll not notice them!

      Delete
  5. Gracie & I love to walk our bike trail near our subdivision. We see deer & coyote along with the usual squirrels and birds. It seems like lately the crows are back again. I love to hear them caw but not as much as the melody of a cardinal up in the tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the mix of bird sounds just wonderful!

      Delete
  6. All things I never knew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just never know what you'll learn on I Like Thursday posts!

      Delete