Friday, February 2, 2024

Pond Frog


My Weekly-ish challenge was "Down by the Pond." 

 Hmmm... fish, crawdads, waterdogs, tadpoles, mosquitoes, snakes, ducks, beavers...

I love this little guy.
As I painted him, he made me sing:

Down by the shores of the Hanky Panky... 
Where the bullfrogs jump from bank to banky...
With a hip hop...
Kerplop!

He reminded me that although it's cold and gray outside, spring is coming and the peepers in our pond will return with the evening music.




Original Oil Painting on 6"x 6"x 2.5" Wrapped Canvas.
Click Pond Frog if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

6 comments:

  1. I can hear him singing - fond memories of those sounds while growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a little frog! And I do love hearing them in the spring!

      Delete
  2. how cool, the glow you achieved around him creates a whole scene.
    speaking as a painter, you've got such a sense of light and dark, contrast creating lines
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your froggie is beautiful! We had an old orchard on that old farm that kind of flooded when we had a hard rain. The frogs that lived in it were SO loud after those heavy rains, I still can hear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If one of my paintings makes you remember a sound or smell or taste... then I call that a success! :)

      Delete