Saturday, February 24, 2024

Hot Tea

Some of the most decorative and elaborate dishes are meant for tea... teapots, teacups, saucers, sugar bowls, cream pitchers... So pretty... so dainty... I do enjoy drinking out of a pretty cup or glass.

Now, what can I say about the hot tea? Let me think... It's brownish, that's one thing. 
The thing that bothers me about hot tea is that you're expected to drink it. 
I don't have anything against hot tea, but if you could just add heaps of sugar and then enough ice to make it really cold... or even better, if you could pour it out and fill the pretty cup with something else... Like maybe coke or orange juice or hot cocoa or cold milk... that would improve it so much!

Original Oil Painting on 5"x 7" Wrapped Canvas.
Click Hot Tea if you'd like to purchase this little painting
,

7 comments:

  1. love that! all of it from the painted details to words. I had to learn to drink hot tea when I lived in Canada. Prefer iced tea. My Canadian boyfriend said when I got there, "sorry not to have cold tea for you but I couldn't find any iced tea bags at the store" (God bless him)
    I had a friend named Cindy, who used to keep alcohol in the form of wine or Jack, or whatever in her tea cup. She said she didn't want her son to see her drinking (she wasn't an alcoholic either just a southern baptist)
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I figured I'd get some comments from my hot-tea loving friends. :)

      Delete
  2. Geting the feeling that hot tea isn't your thing? Couldn't start my day without it. The using, mulling and sipping are an integral part of the morning. Compared to the chilling, plugging and slurping of a glass of iced tea which totally completes a mid summers day luncheon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to add that I love them both. Also not sure wby I can only post as anonymous

      Delete
    2. Ha ha ha... Yeah... Hot tea isn't my thing... But, I appreciate that it is for most of the people in the world! (And, I know who you are!)

      Delete
  3. I love teapots, and hat is a pretty teapot!
    My daughter and I used to collect little teapots, and I liked the brown ones made during WWII in Japan. I still have one of them but gave the rest away.
    As far as the taste and drinking of hot tea, I buy tea leaves from a "fancy" tea place in Edmond, OK, and my favorite one is Butterscotch Caramel Toffee black tea. I have a little tiny teapot with an infuser, and the ritual of making the tea is part of the pleasure for me. I like to drink it at night, out of a mug, with just few drops of milk. Sometimes I'll add a splash of brandy or Irish cream, especially if it's cold outside.
    I respect non-hot tea drinkers. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, there it is. You hot tea drinkers know exactly what tea makes your perfect drink choice... very specific. I admire and appreciate that. Every year or so, like when I have a sore throat, I'll think that maybe I should try again to become a hot tea drinker. I'll heat some water, dunk a Lipton bag, and sip... nope... not this year. ha ha ha

      Delete