Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Experiment - "Painting" with Fabric

Well, This is different!
I have some friends who are real-live serious quilters, and I know they sometimes have a look at my blog posts.  When I see the precision in their angles and straight lines... Well, I'll just say that I'm not in competition there.   I'm more of a play-around-with-fabric-sometimes kind of girl. 

A while ago, one of those amazing quilter friends, LeeAnne,  posted an image of a landscape done with fabric scraps.  I was mesmerized and went back to look at it again and again. (You can see it HERE.) With a little advice and encouragement from her, I started placing scraps of color.
This is what I see when I stand beside my mailbox.  I love seeing that huge gorgeous tree in every season. It served as my inspiration for this experiment of painting with fabric.
My weekly-ish challenge was "Standing."  I was reminded of this Advice from a Tree... Stand Tall and Proud.

12 comments:

  1. SEW wonderful that you were inspired by LeeAnna's work and even better that you acted on it right away, Helen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it was a Drop-Everything-And-Make-It project.

      Delete
  2. I love this little experiment in fabric, and think it looks great! Of course, it had to be apurroved by the resident fur cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a beautiful tree! My favorite part of your fabric tree is the tail tip - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha the snoopervisor stamp of approval... It looks so good and captures the feel of your vista... you're such a fine artist, which translates into the fiber medium. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Snoopervisor" - good title!
      Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  5. I love that big ole tree and your quilt! And you are from Arkansas! YAY! I was born and raised there. Where do you live? Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love that big ole tree too, although my piece is really only about the side of a placemat. I'm not sure it qualifies as a quilt. I grew up in Mena, but I've been in Fayetteville since college.

      Delete
  6. Yay for LeeAnna's encouragement - this turned out very well, and love the tail tip! He coordinates with the tree so NBD. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You know our cat helpers! He'd much rather have been lying across it.

      Delete