Monday, January 16, 2023

Warm Winter Evening


I was challenged to paint "What Winter Means to Me"
First I made a list:
Hot soup on the stove
Cardinals in the snow
Warm quilt on the bed
Fires in the fireplace
 
Pajama pants 
Turkey & dressing
I've painted cardinals in the snow several times before, and I've even painted hot soup once. 
As I was setting up for a to take photo for reference, of course Buff Kitty had to lay on the quilt and act cute.  I decided not to fight it.  He could be in the painting too. 
He had different ideas about the best pose.

Original Oil painting on 10"x 10" Wrapped Canvas
[NFS at this time]

4 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I think of for winter! I'd like to snuggle that kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let the cold outside just stay outside. I'll take the fireside every time. The cat always wants the chair closest to the fire.

      Delete