Thursday, April 13, 2023

Red Fox Portrait

Another fox?
When I did the first version of this one, it was in my art sketchbook. 
I liked it so much that I wanted to put it on canvas.

The first one was done with watercolor, colored pencils, paint markers, and a little acrylic.
The second one was done mostly with acrylic. 

We occasionally see a red fox, but not often.  I've never had one in my yard or had one bother my chickens, so I'm a friend of the fox.  

When I was a very little girl, I had two invisible friends.  Their names were Foxy and Cool.  My mother once asked me to draw what they looked like. I drew a kind of figure 8 or hour glass shaped blob with eyes, a mouth, and a few hairs on their heads. She used that as a guide to sew them into pillow friends for me.  One was pink and the other was yellow.  
Funny... once they were real... they stopped coming around as invisible.

Thanks to Tamara LaPorte for the fox painting in Sketchbook Revival 2023.

Acrylic Painting on 6"x 8" Wrapped Canvas
[GIFT]

4 comments:

  1. We had a young fox come up on our deck one winter (we have photos). We think he was seeking refuge from something - he only stayed a little while, just to rest, then he was gone. You've captured the fox well in the painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On your deck!!! Oh my! He was brave... or scared, I suppose.

      Delete
  2. Red fox looks majestic! And a little bit fierce. I like your portrayal of him.
    I saw a little fox sneaking across our acreage once in south Texas. I'm not sure my husband and sister-in-law believed it, but there is no doubt in my mind. We heard coyotes almost every night - glad you didn't paint one of those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Majestic and fierce... I like those adjectives!
      No worries that I'll find a soft spot for coyotes. A couple of times we've lost chickens to them.

      Delete