Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Red Fox

I love smearing paint with a palette knife. 
I love seeing how it looks on the canvas.
I love rubbing my fingers over the texture after it dries.
This  little fox was done with a lesson from Tamara Laporte in a Sketchbook Revival 2023 lesson.
What a pretty little vixen!

I do try to be friends with watercolor, but I'm afraid it's just not a relationship that's meant to be. The very parts that make watercolor special and beautiful (like the blotchiness and unfinished look) also annoy me. 

For some reason, "Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly what a day" is stuck on a loop in my head.
If you're wondering... yes... still trying to use up that left over paint, but it's almost gone!

Original Palette Knife Oil Painting on 11"x 14" Wrapped Canvas
[SOLD]

4 comments:

  1. That textured background is so good! You captured the fox well, too. I can't believe how many paintings you've done with leftover paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I so enjoy smearing paint with a palette knife. And, yes, after this painting, the left over paint was pretty much gone or just needed to be done.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I'd say you and paint have become soul friends, and maybe watercolor is just an acquaintance.
    Yes I was going to ask if you were still using it up! It looks kind of like salad on a plate now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to put it.... soul friends and acquaintances.
      The left over paint is officially used up or tossed out!

      Delete