Thursday, April 4, 2024

I Like Thursday 4/24

   Thank you to Leeanne of Not Afraid of Color for reminding me to notice things I like. 

I like the purple of redbud trees. 
It's so fantastic that it's Dr. Seuss-ish
I like my strange little daffodils.
They look kind of like a carnations.
I like a hot fire on a chilly spring day.
So does Buff. He loves a good nap right in front of it.
I like our neighborhood road in every season.
I like these gals... and Pete.  
They've been giving me so many eggs this spring!
I like the sound of windchimes.
They're especially lovely in the spring winds.
I like these 6 little ones who call us Gram-E & Pop-E.
I like having a greenhouse... Actually, it's the upstairs bathroom. 
There's a big window that gets lots of sun.
And, there's a door... to keep the cat out.

LeeAnne's  get-to-know-you writing topics this month:

Amusement Park or Day at the Beach?  I'm going to pick "Day at the Beach" but only if it can be a rocky, big-wave, lighthouse kind of beach... or a windy, shell-scattered beach if it has to be a sandy one. My dreamy day isn't the lay-under-an-umbrella, watch-the-same-never-ending waves, white-sand, turquoise-water beaches. 
  • The best rocky beaches I've been lucky enough to visit... Maine, Washington State, Indonesia 
  • The best shell picking beaches I've been lucky enough to visit... Outer Banks of North Carolina, Indonesia
  • Bucket-list beach to visit... Nova Scotia where the tides are the highest/lowest in the world.

Morning Person or Night Owl? I'm forever a lark, a morning person. Get on up and get 'r done!

Crunchy or Chewy? Crunchy, for sure.  What's the point of Plain M&Ms or a regular Hershey Bar? Or cereal without almond slivers sprinkled on top? Or salad without croutons? Or a soggy apple? Or Milky Way when there's a Snicker's around? 

Bed And Breakfast or Luxury Hotel?  We've had some of our favorite experiences staying in Bed and Breakfasts.  I'd recommend any Select Registry place. Where ever your next trip might take you, there's probably one nearby.

12 comments:

  1. Great list of likes, Helen! Glad that you were able to have some Easter fun with your brood of littles. I agree with your crunchy (except for croutons on salad) and also like your neighborhood road in every season. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two spots on our daily walk that I stop and snap a photo every time. It's just become a habit. It's fun to watch the seasons change that way.

      Delete
  2. Your list of likes is fabulous! Your neighbourhood is absolutely stunning. I love that you got such beautiful photos in each season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been taking a photo in that spot every time we walk (I would say every day... but... often lazy...) for several years. Yes, I have a folder of dozens and dozens of that same view. I don't know why. But I just like seeing the changes.
      I also take a photo at another spot. Perhaps I'll do another 4 seasons one from that spot soon.

      Delete
  3. I love the beautiful blooming things of Spring! And I agree - a rocky beach is the most fun to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm so glad I live in a place that has a good mix of all four seasons.

      Delete
  4. Lots of great likes. I especially like your pictures of the neighborhood in all seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're lucky to live in a place where each season has its special show to put on.

      Delete
  5. I sure love your 4 seasons photo! I've had similar greenhouses. ;) I'm with you on the beach. My husband is the beach person here, and I'm not a fan of sunning - it's so boring to me. But crunchy is where we might have to part ways. I love plain M&Ms, plain Hershey bars, Milky Ways (and Snickers too), and plain cereal with no almonds. But give me a just little salad with my croutons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair. I think we can still be friends with these differences. :)

      Delete
  6. Buff sure looks comfy there. Lovely blooms. Fresh eggs and pretty neighbourhood views. Lots to love in this post, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree, Jocelyn, so much to love and be grateful for.

      Delete