Monday, April 22, 2024

Tangerines

Tangerines are very special at my house. You see, my daughter is very allergic to citric acid.  (Do you realize how many things are made with citric acid? A lot.) She can't have it in her house.  Even being around it or being in the room when someone peels an orange causes a reaction.  So, I have a place in my fridge just for tangerines. Every single time my grandkids come over, they know Gram-E will have a tangerine or two for each of them. It's our special Gram-E treat. 
As they came bustling in the other day, one said, "I'm ready for my tambourine!" 
Ha ha 💕💕

My Weekly-ish Challenge was "Citrus." That made it the right time to paint tambourines... I mean, tangerines.

Original Oil Painting on 5"x 7" Wrapped Canvas.
Click Tangerines if you'd like to purchase this little painting.

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were allergies to citric acid, but I can imagine it has been a challenge for her. Neat that it is a treat for your grandkiddos to come and visit and have a tamborine (hahaha). Your painting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Yeah, it's a tricky one since citric acid is in soaps and lotions and drinks and detergents. It's all good though. She's good at finding alternatives.

      Delete
  2. I love "tambourines" - how cute! Your painting looks very real and yummy. :) Do the kiddos have to make sure to wash their hands and mouth before going back to Mom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [grin] Thanks! No, the kids just gobble up their tangerines and are ready to play. If she's there when I'm peeling them, she does step out of the room, but I'm pretty good about doing that before they show up or after she's dropped them off. It's all good.

      Delete
  3. Interesting quote in the last post. Boy you are talented. Love these sunny looking tangerines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. It makes you want to go peel one for a snack, right!

      Delete