Thursday, March 7, 2024

I Like Thursday 3/24

  Thank you to Leeanne of Not Afraid of Color for reminding me to notice things I like. 

I like having a friend to paint with and to get to share our art with.
I like walking around the bend and seeing deer. 
They stand still and stare... until they raise their tails and run.
I like flowers on the table. So does Buff.
I like Pete. 
He's a good protector of his hens.
But Lordy, he does crow all day and all night!

I like collecting colorful eggs.
I like the beginnings of spring!
I like our YELLOW March yard!

LeeAnne's  get-to-know-you writing topics this month:

Describe something you experience with each of your senses every SPRING taste,  touch,  sight,  hearing,  scent  
I wrote this the year after I retired.  I think it's a good description.  I re-read my words and still love them.  
You can tell these words were written 5 years ago as some things have changed... I only had 5 hens... I had an outside cat... I had a little dog.  And some things haven't... I still don't know which birds make which sounds.

What is your favorite spring flower and do you try to grow them in your house or yard? Daffodils in March... then irises in April... then lilies in May.

What Spring creatures might you see in the wild where you live right now?  White-tail deer and squirrels every day... possums, raccoons, armadillos on occasion

Baby animals are often born in the springtime. If you could choose any baby animal to be your pet, what would you pick and why? Don't worry about space or legal restrictions, just imagine having it.  Sorry to be boring, but I'll pick kitten.

10 comments:

  1. I simply love your poem, struck a chord with me. Is that your pretty house in the photo above? Is the adorable Buff a male?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love that my words touched you.
      The house belongs to the neighbor who shares our driveway.
      Buff... Yep. He's a guy!

      Delete
  2. What a great post, and I like the poem! Pete! He's so handsome (I'm a little partial)! I'd love to have colored eggs like that, so pretty! We could use some color here, but I haven't seen anything yet. We planted some daffodils last fall, but I'm a little worried our resident squirrels ate the bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our yellow peaked 2-3 days ago. White is on parade right now, but purple is on the way!
      I love the colored eggs. I need to get a chicken that lays those really dark green or really dark brown eggs.

      Delete
  3. Hi Helen! Beautiful Buff and Pete! I love fresh eggs and look how lovely your blooming things are already. Lovely poem too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Thanks! As for Pete... Well, he already knows that he's beautiful. He crows about it all the time.

      Delete
  4. Ooh - lots of pretty photos - I like the eggs and the deer and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lived around the corner, I'd share some of those eggs with you!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on living in SOMEDAY, Helen! I'm guessing I'll get there eventually. As for your favorite flowers, those are all my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny when you think... Oh, yeah... we dreamed of growing old together and sitting in rocking chairs on the porch... Now, we're sitting in rocking chairs on the porch... Wait! Are we old?
      Ha ha... I suppose "living the dream" needs to be recognized.

      Delete