Monday, March 4, 2024

Yellow Daffodils of March

This painting was so fun for so many reasons.  
The combination of turquoise and purple... Yummy!  
Smearing paint with a palette knife... Yes please!...
Daffodils... Love!

March is the month of yellow where we live. 


The Weekly-ish prompt was "March."  

Thanks to Sara for a reference image that I used once with irises and again now with daffodils.

Original Oil Painting on 8"x 10" Wrapped Canvas
If you'd like to have this painting, click Yellow Daffodils of March.

8 comments:

  1. Daffodils are such happy flowers. Your painting is lovely, and definitely makes me think of spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to soak in the yellow. Very soon purple will take over for its turn here.

      Delete
  2. So pretty, love the palette knife effect. You just can't go wrong with daffodils, but I love ALL the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March is for yellow, but purple is about ready to burst through for its turn!

      Delete
  3. Every spring I see daffodils and wish I had planted some the previous fall. They are such happy flowers! I'm really looking forward to our yellow season, yet another month for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose if you have to wait a little longer, you'll appreciate it even that much more.

      Delete
  4. There you go again with your palette knife - beautiful results! I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete