Friday, March 1, 2024

Parrot


I don't think I know any parrots personally.  
They're pretty.
It's amazing that they're that beautiful and just go about their bird business in the rainforest.
It's fun to see someone walking around with one on their shoulder.
I'm not a fan of seeing them in a little cage.
It's crazy that they can "talk."
I wonder if they have personalities.  My chickens do, so surely parrots do too.
Their feathers are simply fabulous.
The very first watercolor I ever attempted was about a year and a half ago.  It was a feather.  I thought I'd give that first lesson another try. If you zoom in and look closely, there are some hidden words on that feather... some goals... reminders to myself.

The little painting trio I'm in finally chose a name for ourselves.... Wordspark. (I'm not sure if that's the name of the project or the name of the group.)  Each month we'll get one word then see what kind of creativity sparks from that word.
This month's word was "Feathered." 

Original Oil Painting on 12"x 16" Wrapped Canvas
If you'd like to purchase this painting, just click Parrot.

6 comments:

  1. A friend had a pet macaw. He was not a nice bird; he definitely had a personality! I like the little words in your feather! Have fun with your group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.... I've never been a fan/friend of a bird in a cage. Maybe I just haven't had good luck knowing one. Our group's next word is "Vintage." Hmmmm.... What will I come up with? I'm blank right now.

      Delete
  2. Like you I dislike seeing them in cages, but yours is free and happy and beautiful! The feather is amazing. I was thinking as I read the words that I would misspell one and have to go back and Gesso it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty sure there's a mess up there somewhere, so I get it about the spelling. I know I taught spelling for decades, but it surely does not come naturally to me!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous use of color in your Parrot painting, Helen!! I'm loving the patchwork quality of that background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! I love the colors and textures that can be created with a palette knife.

      Delete