Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Storytime

What was your favorite storybook?


Mine was Go Dogs Go! by P.D. Eastman.  Oh, how I loved that book!  "Big dog. Little dog.  Black dog.  White dog."... "Dogs in the shade under the house" while one was on top in the sun... My favorite page - one dog was wide awake in the bed while all the others slept... Then "To the tree!  To the tree!  To the top of the tree!" for the dog party!  And, of course, "Do you like my hat?"  
My mother took me to the county library every Thursday before grocery shopping.  I was allowed to check out 9 books each week.  She would only let me check out Go Dogs Go! every other week because "other boys and girls need a turn."  Hmmm... I wonder if that was the reason, or if she just needed a break from same book...


I could name dozens of books that I love and that I think every child needs to read - to own, but I always put silly Go Dogs Go! at the top of the list.  So, it's become a tradition it's part of the gift I give to every new baby born into my family.


Guess what... this Pepaw was once a teenager who let me crawl into his lap when I was not much bigger than this little one.  I just bet he read Go Dogs Go! to me a time or two.


So, what's your favorite storybook?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story and "Storytime" is a beautiful painting! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete