Friday, April 18, 2014

:) My Marcia

My Marcia...
My sister-in-law... my sister-in-heart...
My biggest fan...
My biggest supplier of inspiration...
I will miss you so...


My first Etsy sale as WordWeaverArt... sits in your kitchen window...




My first attempt at a painting a baby... your sweet Abby...







My first attempt at painting folded cloth and adding shaded areas... your sweet Eve...




My first attempt at glass... you said its colors were perfect... it needed to hang in your bathroom...




You loved your giclee for  over a year... Then you saw the original... We traded... I sold the giclee instead... 

That first baby growing up... Your Abby



A housewarming surprise when you moved to NW Arkansas...  Listed as "Feeding the Ducks,"  but I wanted to call it "Celebrating Life" for the good times of enjoying life after chemo...Memaw with her Eve...

Just down the road from you...hung in your living room all year round even though it had Christmas stockings








Your Jacob...








Wearing your favorite blue... bigger now... your Eve...








Although it's still "for sale"... it hangs on your wall while it waits... your Jacob...






Pretty little flower girls... just did it to sell... permanent loan wasn't enough on this one... sold several giclees... original in your living room...





A big surprise... it was supposed to be about the little one... you made me go back and 
un-fix Anthony's pointer finger to paint it with the crook... your Gideon...
Your Leah...








Your Stephen...








Painted once for me... again for her mama... again for her Memaw...Your Leah...








Your Leah...








The picture you always say is your favorite... that you hope doesn't sell for a long time... that you refuse to take home with you because you like to see it when you come here...




How blessed are we to have had you for a sister...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you linked here so I could come here after reading the Strawberry story. So sorry for the loss you have experienced. How many are children and grandchildren are in these paintings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thank you Renee. My brother and sister-in-law had 4 children. Those 4 children now have 12 grandchildren between them!

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure I completely answered what you asked. I've painted 6 of them at least once (and the hands of another with her Memaw in a painting called "Teaching Little Fingers to Play") I try to paint my grand nieces and nephews whenever they are around 3 years old. I'm getting behind... but I'm working on one right now. :)

      Delete